CLOGGED DRAIN SERVICES
We quickly fix any clogged drain in your plumbing at your home or business, getting your day back on track.
A+ Rating Services
Over 30 Years of Experience
We Offer Free Estimates
KELOWNA & OKANAGAN’S TRUSTED
CLOGGED DRAIN SERVICES
FIXING A CLOGGED DRAIN
Fixes Made To Last
Our specialized camera and locating equipment will quickly identify the source of your clog to verify if the clog is yours or the city’s responsibility. If it is yours, we clear the clog as quickly as possible. Our method saves time and resources allowing us to offer an affordable price that works for you. We have augers that range in size depending on your specific situation.
For recurring problems we usually suggest getting the camera down the pipe to see if there are tree roots or other debris that can’t be removed causing the back up. We’ll also supply you with the footage on a USB.
- Floor Drains
- Laundry Room Drains
EARLY SIGNS OF A CLOGGED DRAIN
Catch Issues Early
Early signs of a clogged drain go past the hair filled shower drain. A clogged drain can occur anywhere and cause damage to your pipes through corrosion, leading to more serious clogs or worse. It will always be easier to clear a drain early on rather than waiting until it is completely clogged.
Pouring coffee grounds down the drain is one of most common causes for clogged home drains.
Keep your eyes open for warning signs such as:
- Gurgling sounds from drains when taps used
- Bad odour coming from drains
- Leaks of water around toilet
- Slower than normal drainage
KEEPING YOUR DRAINS CLOG FREE
REMOVE dEBRIS oFTEN
- Add a hair screen to your shower
- Don’t pour cooking grease down the sink
- Use a strainer basket in your kitchen sinks
- Toilet paper is the only product flushed
- Collect your food waste for compost
- Avoid putting coffee grinds down the drain
YOU’VE GOT QUESTIONS
WE’VE GOT ANSWERS
Clogged drains are not an uncommon thing in households, and in general are no reason to panic. This usually happens in a kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower or tub drain, or laundry/utility room sink. In washrooms, for example, a buildup of hair and other runoff waste is the typical culprit of drain clogs. Bathroom sinks usually have a drain stopper that you can pull up – if you haven’t cleaned this in a while, chances are good that it will be full of hair and gunk. Time to give it a good cleaning and wiping. Put the stopper back in place and run the water. If you don’t see improvement in water buildup, you probably have a clog further down the line. Stores sell ‘drain snakes’ and the cost is minimal. If the clog isn’t too far down, the snake will do the trick, pulling out hair and other debris. If that doesn’t work, the clog is likely deeper – that’s when it’s time to call a professional plumber.
*note: avoid using chemical ‘cleaners’ as they are abrasive and usually toxic*
Small leaks can be fixed in a DIY manner, however we recommend taking a look to see what might be causing the leak. Then give us a call and we can get some details and, if possible, pictures from you so that our plumber can arrive prepared to fix it! Some older fixtures have been discontinued, or configurations have changed, so the pictures give us an idea if we need to suggest an alternative solution for you.
- First, go to the water shut off valve at or around the toilet base. Turn valve until water shuts off. If the toilet does not have a valve, open the tank and rig the float to stay in its position – this way no more water will flow in.
- Next use towels or a Shop-Vac to clean up the water that’s spilled onto the floor. Thoroughly wash all surfaces that were affected.
- Either reach into the toilet (wearing rubber gloves) use a toilet plunger to try to remove the object(s) blocking the toilet.
If this doesn’t work, give us a call. Toilet overflowing could be a sign of a larger plumbing issue. The clog may be located farther down the pipes. We can diagnose the issue and resolve it promptly and professionally.
Top Brands We Partner With
CHECK OUT VISION MECHANICAL’S PLUMBING, HEATING & COOLING