To stay warm inside your home and keep the cold air out, you need an efficient and effective heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system. In order for this to happen, it is recommended to perform regular maintenance on your heating and air conditioning units. Most HVAC work is often done by a professional, but there are a few things you can do yourself.
Here are some do-it-yourself maintenance
- Change your filters regularly to ensure there is no buildup of dirt and dust particles
- Perform a visual inspection of your units to make sure all your parts are in good condition.
- Watch your thermostat to check it is operating properly and for any signs of wear and tear.
In addition to these three methods, it is advisable to contact a HVAC professional to perform a regular tune up your system. The recommended time periods is the beginning of fall, and the end of spring.
The HVAC professional checklist includes
- Thermostat settings are correct and operating properly
- Inspect electric connections and test voltage on system components
- Lubricate moving parts where necessary
- Inspect the condensate drain
- Check system start-up and shutdown controls for proper operation.
- Clean or replace the air filters
Items HVAC professional furnace maintenance check
- Inspect the exhaust outlets to make sure there is not any corrosion, leaks or back drafting
- Visual on checking fuel lines, connections, burners and heat exchangers.
HVAC professional ventilation and air conditioning maintenance check
- Clean air conditioner coils, inside and out, before cooling seasonbegins
- Check and refill the refrigerant charge if necessary
- Clean and calibrate blower system components for optimal airflow
Make sure the HVAC professional goes over the checklist with you and everything has been inspected thoroughly.
Have you considered setting up a HVAC maintenance agreement contract with your local HVAC professional? Maybe arrange to have quarterly, semi-annual, or yearly maintenance inspection done for all your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units. Think of it as an investment in terms of peace of mind for better air quality and efficient energy cost savings.
Your Kelowna Rheem Dealer
At Vision Plumbing Heating Cooling we only carry the very best in heating, ventilation, and cooling. We are so proud to be an official Rheem dealer. We provide water tanks, heating and cooling, integrated systems, and more. We can supply and install for your home or business. Click here for to learn more.
For all your plumbing, heating and cooling needs.