Vision Mechanical Ltd. is a family owned and operated business offering the benefit of over 30 years of experience. Serving the Kelowna and surrounding areas (including Big White), our plumbing, heating & cooling expertise extends from smaller residential repairs and installation to large commercial projects, standing by our core values of:
Dependable, Ethical, Excellence, Resourceful & Service.
We are currently looking for a Trades Dispatcher (HVAC and/or Plumbing experience a asses), to join our growing team! Since this is a fast-paced construction/service business, prior administrative experience in a similar environment is required (1-3 years minimum). The ideal candidate will be comfortable with technology and learning new online systems for streamlined processes. But most importantly, wants to have fun while getting the job done.
- Speak to service and construction clients, troubleshoot, make appointments, return calls.
- Respond to online chat as needed.
- Sort, forward, check and respond to emails regarding contract, service and construction HVAC jobs, schedule/reschedule appointments.
- Go through the “unscheduled jobs” list in Service M8 – either schedule these jobs or move to the appropriate folders.
- Constant contact with techs as they call in; help them with whatever they need (within reason) order them parts- reg or special order-, contact their customers, reschedule appointments, or extend appointments.
- Go through the “tasks” list to see if there’s anything that needs clearing up or scheduled. Take calls from suppliers as parts arrive and reschedule techs to finish said job – let techs know to go p/u asap.
- Check on specialty ordered parts and keep in contact with customers (some take up to 8+ weeks for delivery).
- Develop, implement, and improve office policies and procedures with Brandi.
- Proven work experience in construction office, preferably with some HVAC and/or plumbing.
- Some understanding of Trades and daily operations.
- Hands on experience with MS Office Suite, including being able to confidently use Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, phones, and printers.
- Excellent English written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage ebbs and flows of client calls.
- High School degree required; Certificate/Diploma in Business Admin/Office Admin an asset
- Experience with an HVAC office or field knowledge in construction an asset.
- Managing self: integrity/honesty, interpersonal skills, continual learning, flexibility, problem solving, and verbal/written communication, maintaining composure and friendliness in high-stress/fast-paced environment.
- Results oriented: addressing client concerns, achieving timely results, directing efforts on expected outcomes.
- Adaptability: demonstrating flexibility, adapting to widely varied needs/goals/strategies.
- Analytical thinking: Problem solving, strategic resolutions, creative decision making.
- Engagement: Taking initiative, executing plans, and delivering results.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
We encourage all our staff to be forward thinkers and to go the extra mile whenever we can. At Vision, we are family owned and operated & have been in business for 34+ years with 30+ years of that in the interior. We are a family company that enjoys having a fun work environment and hosting employee events. Work and Personal life should have a nice balance.
We offer room for advancement, long term employment, competitive wages, and a great benefits plan.
Apply today by submitting your resume & references to [email protected].
We thank everyone that applies, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.