Vision Mechanical Ltd. is a family owned and operated business offering the benefit of over 34 years of experience. Serving the Kelowna and surrounding areas (including Big White), our plumbing, heating & cooling expertise extends from smaller residential repairs and installation to large commercial projects, standing by our core values of:
Trust, Commitment, Quality, Workmanship, Experience, Expertise & Vision.
We are currently looking to fill a Reception/Dispatch role in our growing team! Since this is a fast-paced construction/service business, prior administrative experience in a similar environment is required (1-3 years minimum). The ideal candidate will be comfortable with technology and learning new online systems for streamlined processes. But most importantly, wants to have fun while getting the job done.
- Support senior managers and owners with daily clerical tasks
- Answer phones, troubleshoot, make appointments, return calls
- Sort, forward, check and respond to emails, schedule/reschedule appointments
- Go through the “unscheduled jobs” list in dispatch program – either schedule these jobs or move to the appropriate folders
- Check notifications in dispatch program, take care of customer responses, questions, etc.
- Constant contact with techs as they call in; help them with whatever they need (within reason) order them parts- reg or special order-, contact their customers, reschedule appointments, or extend appointments
- Go through the “tasks” list in dispatch program, to see if there’s anything that needs clearing up Take calls from suppliers as parts arrive and reschedule techs to finish said job – let techs know to go p/u asap
- Check on specialty ordered parts and keep in contact with customers (some take up to 8+ weeks for delivery)
- Collect payment info from customers as they call – give to bookkeeper to process
- Data entry and tracking updates/information in internal online system
- Greet and provide general support to visitors
- Develop, implement, and improve office policies and procedures with management
- Type out quotes for techs as they need it – send to customer
- Create and curate job postings on indeed / Castanet as required
- Assisting others if there is quiet time or asking how you can help to keep office operations efficient
- Proven work experience as a senior administrative assistant, virtual assistant, or executive assistant
- In-depth understanding of office management and daily operations
- Hands on experience with MS Office Suite, including being able to confidently use Word, Excel & Outlook
- Working knowledge of office equipment, phones, and printers
- Excellent English written/verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage ebbs and flows of client calls
- High School degree required; Certificate/Diploma in Business Admin/Office Admin an asset
- Experience as a personal assistant, receptionist, or administrator in construction office an asset
- Managing self: integrity/honesty, interpersonal skills, continual learning, flexibility, problem solving, and verbal/written communication, maintaining composure and friendliness in high-stress/fast-paced environment.
- Results oriented: addressing client concerns, achieving timely results, directing efforts on expected outcomes.
- Adaptability: demonstrating flexibility, adapting to widely varied needs/goals/strategies.
- Analytical thinking: Problem solving, strategic resolutions, creative decision making.
- Engagement: Taking initiative, executing plans, and delivering results.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
We encourage all our staff to be forward thinkers and to go the extra mile whenever we can. At Vision Mechanical, we are family owned and operated & have been in business for 34+ years with 30+ years of that in the interior. We are a family company that enjoys having a fun work environment and hosting employee events. Work and Personal life should have a nice balance.
We offer room for advancement, long term employment, competitive wages, and a great benefits plan.
Please apply and attach your resume and references.
We thank everyone that applies, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We request that all candidates answer the following questions:
- How many years of administration experience do you have?
- How many years of Dispatch experience do you have?
- Do you have a driver’s licence?
Apply today by submitting your Resume and References to [email protected] or fill in the application below.
If you email please indicate in your email your answers to the Applicant Qualifications listed above.
Position has been filled, thank you for your interest