Vision Mechanical Ltd. is a family owned and operated business offering the benefit of over 34 years of experience. Serving the Kelowna and surrounding areas (including Big White), our plumbing, heating & cooling expertise extends from smaller residential repairs and installation to large commercial projects, standing by our core values of:
Dependable, Ethical, Excellence, Resourceful & Service
We are currently looking to fill a Reception role in our growing team! Since this is a fast-paced construction/service business, prior administrative experience in a similar environment is required (1-3 years minimum). The ideal candidate will be comfortable with technology and learning new online systems for streamlined processes. But most importantly, wants to have fun while getting the job done.
- Support senior managers and owners with daily clerical tasks
- Answer phones, messages, emails and direct to the appropriate party.
- Respond to website chat and assign to proper dispatcher.
- Sort, forward, check and respond to emails and messages.
- Go through the “tasks” list and “inbox” in Service M8, to see if there’s anything that needs clearing up and assign as needed to dispatch. Take calls from suppliers as parts arrive and let dispatch know so they can reschedule techs to finish said job.
- Go through the “unscheduled jobs” list in Service M8 – either task dispatch or move to the appropriate folders.
- Check notifications in Dispatch program and assign to proper channels.
- Data entry and tracking updates/information in internal online system.
- Greet and provide general support to visitors.
- Develop, implement, and improve office policies and procedures with management.
- Create and curate job postings on indeed / Castanet as required.
- Assisting others if there is quiet time or asking how you can help to keep office operations efficient.
- Proven work experience as a senior administrative assistant, virtual assistant, or executive assistant in a construction or service based office.
- In-depth understanding of office management and daily operations.
- Hands on experience with MS Office Suite, including being able to confidently use Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, phones, and printers.
- Excellent English written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage ebbs and flows of client calls.
- High School degree required; Certificate/Diploma in Business Admin/Office Admin an asset.
- Experience as a personal assistant, receptionist, or administrator in construction office an asset.
- Managing self: integrity/honesty, interpersonal skills, continual learning, flexibility, problem solving, and verbal/written communication, maintaining composure and friendliness in high-stress/fast-paced environment.
- Results oriented: addressing client concerns, achieving timely results, directing efforts on expected outcomes.
- Adaptability: demonstrating flexibility, adapting to widely varied needs/goals/strategies.
- Analytical thinking: Problem solving, strategic resolutions, creative decision making.
- Engagement: Taking initiative, executing plans, and delivering results.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
We encourage all our staff to be forward thinkers and to go the extra mile whenever we can. At Vision Mechanical, we are family owned and operated & have been in business for 34+ years with 30+ years of that in the interior. We are a family company that enjoys having a fun work environment and hosting employee events. Work and Personal life should have a nice balance.
We offer room for advancement, long term employment, competitive wages, and a great benefits plan.
Apply today by submitting your resume & reference to [email protected].
We thank everyone that applies, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.